Metaldyne offers the latest technology in connecting rods, supplying finished, machined and assembled fracture-split powder metal connecting rods. This eliminates significant investment costs for the OEM while delivering a lighter, stronger, superior quality forging. Metaldyne provides powder metal connecting rods for more programs worldwide than any other supplier.
- Gasoline and diesel engine applications available
- Beam geometry designed to maximize stiffness and bending ratio, optimizing strength-to-weight ratio
- Reduced reciprocating and rotating mass, improving engine fuel efficiency
- Net shape forming improves material utilization by 40% vs. conventional forged steel
- Up to 4:1 increase in machining tool life